8.28.2008

Stress

Joseph is starting Kindergarten in 6 days. And I am freaking out about the details. How will he get there? Who will make sure that he gets there? What will he do afterwards? Where will he go? We are trying to work out latchkey and childcare, and our own work schedules. Seriously, I am so stressed out, and I shouldn’t be. It’s the natural progression of things. It is life. Children go to school. Dogs pee on hydrants. Scramstads spill. It is what it is.

On another front – I am excited about tomorrow night. I have a friend coming over for dinner. She is my best friend, we have been friends since we were, like, 5. I have a yummy menu planned. I’ll post it after we eat, pictures included. She reads this blog, and I don’t want to ruin the surprise! Hee!!

Otherwise…life is OK. I moved the furniture in our bedroom around last night. Why. Because I thought it was a fantastic idea. No, seriously…I wanted to use the mirror that came with my dresser. It has been relegated to the basement for the past 7 years, and I thought it deserved another chance. So, I set to moving around furniture, trying not to scratch the floors. I only broke one thing, and that was a heavy glass that fell on my head first. So, not only did I break something, I also hurt myself in the process. (No, it didn’t break ON my head, it shattered on the floor).

For those of you looking for the rest of the vacation pictures…they are coming tonight. Blogger has been really screwy lately, and not allowing me to upload pics very easily. Stupid computer.

On the vegetable front…I have tomatoes coming out of my ears. More than I know what to do with. I canned a few already, but I need a bigger canning pot. I could only can 4 jars at a time, and that ain’t very fun. I’m making sun (oven) - dried tomatoes this week, then some “bruschetta in a jar”, which is heavenly…and then who knows what else.

All for now – I’m trying to catch up on a week’s worth of blogging, and still keep things up-to-date. If I have emailed you back, or responded to you – please be patient with me.

No comments: