8.28.2009

Help! We've been overrun by tomatoes!

I knew I was going to have lots of tomatoes...but I didn't know what I was in for.

We had some Sunrise Heirlooms:

And some Brandywyne Heirlooms:
And some Green Zebra Stripe Heirlooms:

And about 150 tomatoes (not including cherry tomatoes) in our kitchen. In. One. Picking.
There are more out there. I hear them at night. They are taunting me...."Come pick me!"; "Make more tomato sauce!". Seriously. I dream about tomatoes.
Don't get me wrong. I love them. I think they are wonderful. In January, I will be missing them. But right now, I feel like I'm being assaulted by them!!
If you are in the area and want some...just ask, I can even deliver. Heck - better yet - just come over here during the day and let yourself in the yard and you can even pick them yourself!!!

No comments: