4.11.2008

sick.

I went home from work today, as I felt like crap. So, I spent most of the afternoon in bed with a heating pad around my neck and shoulders. ugh. so much for enjoying the beautiful day outside!

Little Joe is doing really well...we've been discussing appropriate behavior for school, and what he SHOULDN'T do at school. He had been doing really well, until yesterday and today, when I found out that yesterday he threw his lunch on the floor because he didn't want it, and today he and another boy decided to try to irrigate the entire bathroom while washing their hands. We had promised him that if he had 5 good days (a whole week) we would take him to ToysRUs and he could pick out a toy. Well, I guess I saved a few bucks, as we aren't taking him anywhere! best luck next time kid...
Here are some fun recent photos...starting seeds for our garden. About 3 weeks ago, we planted tomato seeds that I saved from an heirloom tomato last year,
some watermelon seeds from an organic watermelon from last year, then some store bought sunflowers and zinnias. Joseph was a tad overzealous about how many seeds we put in each little pot. but, he has always loved the garden, and I figured that maybe this will get him to try some vegetables the summer. (Yes, I can dream...) We'll have to update the pics of the plants as they grow...

Here is a pic that I just took today. Thank Goodness they are growing! Well, they are all growing except for the watermelon, which doesn't surprise me, nor does it depress me. Watermelon take up a lot of room in the garden! I'm a little bit excited about planning my garden, and getting the plants, and the composted manure (thank you to Kristi), and watering and eating fresh vegetables. Man, I can't wait. OK, even if I am feeling crappy and sick, I can still at least dream about my beautiful garden. sigh...


No comments: