9.19.2008

Garlic Love

Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good. -Alice May Brock, author (b. 1941)

I. Love. Alice May Brock. Just the simplicity of her thoughts…it’s all about the garlic.

Speaking of garlic – I tried to grow garlic this year. It didn’t work so well. I should replant the head of garlic that I pulled out this year – maybe it will grow bigger next year. BUT – the cool little bulbil things grew fantastically! I’ve been told that you can just plant them as “garlic seeds” for next year. BUT…I found a cool recipe for preserving them, and using them for the onion in your martini. I like that idea even better!! Mmm....

Seriously though - the other cool garlic thing...the Pampered Chef Garlic Press. No, I don't make any profits for Pampered Chef - but you have GOT to get one of these garlic presses. It minces it SO perfectly, and you don't even have to peel the skin off first. It is the most perfect garlic press EVER. It won't break, it is super-strength, AND dishwasher-safe. No more slicing your fingertip off by trying to pretend you are Rachael Ray. I am not a professional chef, but I like to pretend I am...but I know my limits.

All for now - I've got lots to update this weekend though. Pics galore!!

No comments: