9.15.2008

Ponderings of Chaos.

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.

— Hans Hofmann

Why does this statement really ring true with me? Because I live my life in chaos.

Not a BAD chaos - it's just that there are so many things in my life, that I don't have a constant focus on everything. and I don't try to overload myself intentionally - it's just that things happen - and things fall by the wayside, and some things just don't get done. I've had things on my to-do list for years. Yes, years.

I envy those of my friends that just seem to "have it together". Usually, they are single, and childless. (which, in itself, explains why they are still sane). But, even some of my mom friends are just always put together, and always have a clean house, and have no debt, and always caught up at work. (You know who you are...)

Am I jealous of these women? Heck, YES! BUT..would I change my life? Heck, NO! I'm not saying that I like chaos, but I like my life. I'd love to have a cleaner house, and less bills, and lose about 10 pounds...but you know, I have to sometimes realize that there are less fortunate people than me.

OK - off the soapbox. Nothing new, work is crazy, Joseph is loving kindergarten. It's getting close to hunting season, which means I will be the deer widow for some weekends. I love this time of year, but I also dread it. I like hanging out with Little Joe - we do lots of fun things, and go lots of places, etc. BUT - I don't like the loneliness of it. I also crave the adult contact.

No comments: