12.18.2008

Waiting Room Thoughts...

I’m writing this in Word, and will copy it over to Blogger…

I’m sitting in the waiting room for the surgical room at the hospital. Big Joe is having his shoulder surgery right now. I am having a harder time than I thought with this. I brought work with me, to keep my mind off of things, and all I can do is think about his surgery. Ugh. I can hardly even pick up the book I brought with me, because that won’t work either. My mind is so jumpy, I can’t concentrate on a darn thing.

I should be doing work, I am slammed at work, and I anticipate no slowdown. It’s just that people always want so much, and I have a hard time saying no. Most of these things are my responsibility; it’s just very tough getting everything done. Sigh.

And to top things off right now, I cannot connect to the wireless network in the waiting room, which is frustrating me even more, because I had planned on doing work here, and being able to connect to the internet. Grrr. This is frustrating. I’m also sitting on the floor, underneath the coat rack, as this is the only place with a plug, and I have to plug my laptop in, as the Dell battery sucks and won’t hold a charge. I have 5 memos/emails/letters completed, and I can’t send them to where they need to go. Dammit. I think I need to get off of the “poor me” box.

I’m looking forward to Christmas, maybe I can get more into the holiday spirit. Big Joe came home last night with a Christmas train that goes around the Christmas tree. How cool!! Little Joe LOVED it! He played with it for almost an hour straight last night. Goofy kid. I kept telling him that Santa was going to play with it, because it was such a cool train.

Ok, the doctor just called, he is in recovery, so I’m going to pack all of my stuff up, and get ready to get him and bring him home. Poor guy. He’s going to be in pain, and so out of it…

No comments: