3.28.2009

Rosemary...a sure sign of summer coming!

Wow. I impress even myself sometimes.

I found this recipe a while ago, looking for ways to use up excess rosemary (I can't believe I actually have LIVING real rosemary growing in my kitchen window right now, and it survived through the winter!!!). Anyways - check out this recipe. Holy cow it is GOOD!!! Make sure you use REAL butter too - none of that fake stuff!!

Tuscan Rosemary and Pine Nut Bars
from the L.A. Times Food Section 8/11/99

1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (I used a little more than this...)
1 cup flour

In a glass bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar, rosemary and pine nuts. Stir in flour to make dough; it will be stiff.

Pat dough evenly into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until golden and firm at edges, about 20 minutes. Cool pan on rack about 2 minutes, then use sharp knife to cut bars into 16 squares. Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing with small spatula.

YUMM-O!!!

Do I think my boys will eat it? I highly doubt it...but I'll try it with Little Joe. There are no eggs...you may notice.

More later - I haven't blogged in a while, you may have noticed. I'm swamped. Work is crazy. Spring is here, and I'm out in the yard a lot. I need to buy more yard waste bags!! So much to do!!

No comments: