12.28.2009

The Inevitable...

Well, for those of you who I haven't told...


It. Happened.


I received my official layoff papers. Yep. I am officially laid off as of January 8th. However, I had a lot of sick days to use, before I lost them, so my last day at the office was December 18th. And I am (cough, cough) sick until January 8th. At which time, I will be unemployed. I will be receiving all of my vacation days paid out, so I essentially have a total of 6 weeks off, paid.

However, that doesn't mean that I am not busting my rear end to find a job...I am following lots of leads, and I REALLY hope that the right one presents itself. The Holidays are a tough time to be looking for a job. Nobody thinks about work during the Holidays. Heck, I certainly don't want to!!

So, I am going to be doing things around the house, spending time with the family, working on things that I have wanted to do for a while, make wine, organize files, clean out the basement, etc. So...if you are in the area, give me a call. I have NOTHING on my calendar for the next few weeks...and I'd love to see ya!!

No comments: