2.17.2010

Blabbering.

Horoscope for today:

You want to meet your obligations today, but may be fearful about making a promise that you cannot keep. You are particularly aware of your own shortcomings and don't want to set yourself up for failure. However, being overly concerned about your ability to follow through now is counterproductive. It's of no value to judge the current situation by what you did or didn't do in the past. Keep things as simple as possible; do what you can and then let it go.

Can you say “INSECURITY”? Sheesh! This horoscope makes me want to crawl back in bed and not even try to start my day! I get it..”you can’t do everything, you aren’t perfect, do what you can do” blah blah blah…Wow. I’m in a foul mood, and it is still early today!

Just a few things going on here in the Lawson house…(yes, I am going to make a list)

1. Joseph got his hair cut. This might seem minor and inconsequential, but this was the first time he actually took an opinion when the barber asked what he wanted, and he didn’t say “Princeton” which is the style he has had ever since forever. He decided he wanted “long” hair…not supershort. So, he looked so different now. I like it…but different, nonetheless.

2. I went to the gym this past weekend and I am still feeling it. I tried a class called “Strictly strength”…which apparently used to be called “Basic Training”. Wish I had known THAT DETAIL!! Just this morning I can bend my right arm again…my bicep was destroyed during the “lift until fatigue” part of the workout. Ow. Ow. Ow. But – I had a great time doing it, and oddly enough, I want to go back! New leaf, People. Get Jen in shape for a triathlon. We’ll see how this goes this summer.

3. As for the career things…I can’t say much, because nothing is in writing. I have SO many things going on, but nothing has been set in stone…so I am in total flux. Just know that I am scared out of my mind, but looking forward to SO many awesome changes. For the better. It’s not that I was unhappy in my previous job, but getting laid off has opened my eyes to so many other possibilities that I never even considered. Yeah!

4. Making a cake for this weekend. My cousin’s sweet 16 bday party…I’m looking forward to making it!! I LOVE making cakes! It is very relaxing…and creative. So FUN! I’ll post pics when it is done.

No comments: