6.16.2010

95th Division Reunion

My Grandpa Komp is an amazing man. Period. He was in WWII - and has opened my eyes to so much more history than my 26 years of education ever did.

We went to a military reunion for the 95th Division down just outside of Indianapolis...and we heard amazing stories from WWII vets. These men are heroes. I was pretty much in awe most of the weekend.


One of the families hosted a BBQ for all of the vets and their families at their farm outside of town:



Here is the inside of their house: (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beadboard ceiling, so I took a picture of it, because I WANT IT!!) That's my cousin Elizabeth in the corner...


We also took a visit to the airfield at Camp Atterbury, who hosts the Atterbury-Bakalar Air Museum.
Grandpa gave Joe a 95th coin...and told him that the next time he sees him...he should have that coin with him. And if he doesn't...then he will have to buy drinks for everyone in the room. :)
And a pic of the boys - enjoying ice cream sundaes at Zaharkos (a cool ice cream parlor that has been restored)

No comments: