First recap and highlights

I know that i will have so much to say....i tried to keep a notepage in Evernote just to keep track of things that i wanted to remember and share:

I am on the pediatrics Ward.
I'm in pain. A lot.
Cpm = Continuous Passive Motion Machine. (In other words...torture device)

This list/posting is only a timeline of sorts....a brief summary...there will be plenty more later. Im tired and need another Vicodin...I'm in pain right now.

My amazing friends bought me a kindle to keep me occupied..I love them!
There was a hospital wide power outage (thankfully it was after my surgery was complete and i was in recovery.
I had Pain management issues to start.
Valium works wonders
Joe brought me fresh real coffee from home. That man is amazing!!
All nurses are being very wonderful and helpful
But...the Phlebotomist is horrible
I was not able to eat until I passed gas....which I proudly accomplished at 615 pm on saturday. Yay!
My friend/sister Betty came to visit on saturday night...which I really appreciated!!
I quickly achieved 90 degree on the cpm...wow.

Joseph is scared to come up to the hospital, after seeing me in pain and seeing the tubes all over the place coming out of me. We instead have decided to rely on email between just the two of us. He has his own email that I send letters to. I miss my little Guy a lot.

After not having a great first meal, i was starving at 130am on Sunday morning. The night nurse allowed me to have some Strawberry jello..which was awesome!!

The resident took the dressings 80 percent off on sunday morning at 8 am.

Sunday am ...switched to oral pain meds...Vicodin.  I would rather have lortab though.

We finally figured out that I had a pediatric menu so there are no gluten free offerings on it.

Sunday morning - first attempt at crutches.  Nearly vomited.  Blacked out from pain and was unsuccessful at using crutches.  i should not have taken painkillers right before...However ...an hour later , after the catheter had already been out I realize I had to pee... which meant I had to figure it out on my own how to use the crutches and the toilet.  Luckily the nurses were wonderful and helpful.

Figured out how to order celiac food from the cafeteria... deli sandwich no bread. And more of that delicious pudding from last night. 

Then...the Nutritional specialist came into informed me that the hospital does have gluten free bread upon request.  Nice to know that now. 

Joe came up to visit around 1130 on Sunday morning . He brought coffee again... which is wonderful.

Sunday night Dinner sucked...dry salmon and green beans.
Gf bread was horrible - why bother.

Slept on and off from 7 pm to 11pm on sunday evening.   Vicodin and Valium interchanged.  Valium doesn't seem to help, but it makes me mellow and sleepy. They always give me a Valium right before they ask if I want to attempt to go to the bathroom...which is quite a debacle in itself.

I have gotten Good at using the commode when placed right next to the bed.  I can scoot to the edge, then support myself on my arms to inch over to the commode.  It is still very difficult for me to not use my left leg, even as a weight bearing pivot point.  I can not coordinate the use of a crutch yet which has proven to be difficult. 

The pt assignments are hard. 
1. Sit on edge of bed/ chair and lift leg (with hand) 500x
2. Sit on edge of bed/chair and move leg in (w/o hand) 500x.
3. Lie flat in bed...no cpm for 20 Mon.   3x.  (Already done )
3. Sit in chair 3x. (I'm counting my time in the commode).

All for now. I'm tired and in pain. Waiting pTientlt doe my next Valium or Vicodin. I never know which to expect. Feel free to email or text me. Or even call me. However...if you do call, expect me to sound like I've had a few...which might provide for some fun on your end.

Love you all

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

No comments: