5.15.2008

Kindergarten Practice


This morning, I took Little Joe to kindergarten...well, PRACTICE Kindergarten, that is. His school had a practice session, so the preschoolers could come and visit during the school day to see what it is like being a kindergartener. They sat in circle time, and sang songs, and counted to 100 (by 1's, 2's, 5's, and 10's). wow - I didn't know kindergarteners knew all of that- seriously - I was impressed! Little Joe was mostly in awe of everything going on
around him. He didn't have a problem joining the other kids. he isn't shy (thank goodness!!)

Not much else has been going on in our world...Last weekend, the boys and I went to the greenhouses (Schwartz's) to get annuals and vegetables for the garden. Of course, we went on the BUSIEST day of the year...the Saturday before Mother's Day. Wow. It was crazy. It was wonderful though. It brought back some really wonderful memories of my mom. She and I would go there together every year to get flowers. We would wander every aisle, and look at the different perennials, and compare them to last year's plants. We would split 4-packs of vegetables, and try to grow new things. (Eggplant didn't work so well). But, it was our THING that we did together. Mom and Daughter. We would usually get started early in the day, and go get coffee, then go to the greenhouses, spend a few hours there, then head home to start planting. Man, I miss her. I thought of her as I was planting my 6 flats of impatiens. And my 3 pots of mixed annuals for pots. and my veggies in the garden (4 different kinds of tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers, shallots, red onions, peas, beans, basil, rosemary) sigh. too bad my boys are meat-atarians, and won't be eating many of the veggies.

I'll probably update later this weekend...depending on how busy we are.

No comments: