8.08.2009

Carmina Burana and Blue Lake

Last week, I took Little Joe to a concert. It wasn't just ANY concert, it was a performance of Carmina Burana, performed by the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp International Choir and Orchestras. Not many of you may know, but I went to Blue Lake for many years growing up. Many years. I played French Horn and went there every summer for 5 years straight. I even spent a whole month there one year. Good times. I also toured International with an SATB choir that gave me so many amazing memories.

And you know how I love to show Little Joe all different kinds of things...different experiences, etc. And, we all know he likes big, loud, brassy, classical music....So, I figured that this was a GREAT opportunity to introduce him to one of my favorite pieces. (Plus it was free!)

The kids (and I do mean KIDS) performing were amazing. Nobody on stage (except the conductor) was over 18. Wow. Check out the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBbJAxEC2XI

Little Joe LOVED it! He was wiggling in his seat, and his eyes were RIVETED for the whole performance. It was so fulfilling for me, and for him. Sigh. :)

No comments: