10.30.2009

another list...good and bad.

These lists are for Nina...because she likes my lists.

Why today is starting out bad:
1. I chopped 3 inches off of my hair last night, got a completely new hairstyle, and NOBODY in my office has even commented. Good or Bad. stupid boys.
2. We have no more insulated coffee cups at our house. The last one cracked yesterday, so I have no (unspillable) way to bring coffee to work now. Why can't coffee mug makers make dishwasher AND microwave safe mugs for busy people like me? I like this one, but knowing me, I'll break it. Regardless, it sucks to not have coffee, or to have to try to not spill any hot coffee in your lap, on the car, down your back while driving 25 miles to work, trying not to run any red lights and cursing the whole way at the other stupid drivers trying to balance their coffee cups too.
3. I didn't get a sick check at work. We get paid out an additional amount if our sick time is over 255 hours. Well, mine is nowhere near that...from all of the hospital visits I took earlier this year...so, I didn't get a check. Come to think of it, I've never gotten a sick check, but I am always jealous of those that do. That being said - none of those people ever have to stay home with a sick kid, because THEIR WIFE STAYS AT HOME!!!! (Ok, that's off my back.)
4. I'm tired. This crap about staying out late for school is driving me nuts. Class until 9PM just isn't conducive to a working career adult life. I don't stay up late normally - how am I supposed to function??
5. The audiobook I got from the library was scratched. Grrrrrrrrrr. I wanted to listen to The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton. but NO....I can't. I didn't even get through 20 minutes on the 1st CD and it is torn to pieces. Stupid scratches.

Why today is starting out good:
1. It is Friday.
2. I am wearing my "Spillers" baseball shirt. (Many years ago, my hubby had these awesome baseball shirts made for me and my Dad. As most of you know...the Scramstad's tend to spill. Alot. especially red wine. So...it has "Scramstad" on the back...and "Spillers" on the front. I love it.)
3. It is Friday.
4. I am meeting a friend for lunch, and I am really looking forward to it.
5. One of my sisters gave me an AWESOME piece of stained glass from her house that she didn't want anymore. I'll post a pic later - but it is SO cool! I have to figure out how to display it.
6. 51 days until graduation.
7. 41 days until my last class. Whoot!!!!
8. I am excited about my graduation party next year...I realize that it is a long way off - but I'm so happy to celebrate this, you have no idea.
9. Joseph woke up this morning early, and wandered into the living room as I was leaving. He was buck-naked, except for his underwear, barely awake yet...and when he saw me, he smiled, his eyes lit up, and he said "Good Morning Mommy!". I almost skipped work, and crawled onto the couch to cuddle with him for the rest of the day. That is the BEST way of all to start your day.

OK - 5 bad versus 9 good. I guess today is starting out more good.

I have pictures to post on the blog - but the camera is acting wonky - so be patient with me. This weekend, I plan on spending some quality time with Snapfish and this blog. So many funny pictures and videos to share....

No comments: