11.24.2009

In a funk...

Positive#1: I found an awesome recipe for gluten-free chocolate cake that is simple with no freakishly weird ingredients!!
Positive#2: the GLRI RFP came out. OK - I know this is work-related, but it has been a long time coming, and it may provide additional work for this region.
Negative#1: OK, so the career news isn't as great as I thought it was going to be...back to the hunt.
Negative#2: I need to not use my cell phone. If I don't call you, that's why.

I'm in a funk today. Life never goes as planned, and that frustrates me. things were just supposed to go a certain way - and they haven't, and they probably won't. (Wow, I'm being a pessimist!) anyways - I just need to dust myself off and start again. darnit all!

Little Joe did an amazing thing last night...He read an entire book by himself. Not a easy one either. I had to help with only a handful of words. And it took him a half hour to read it - but he didn't give up...and he finished it. I was SO PROUD!!! And, the best part...he was proud of himself too. What a rockstar.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry you're in a funk. I definitely know how that feels. Yell for me if you need me seriously :)
Yay to Little Joe! Keep that kiddo reading :)