3.09.2010

funk and feeling alive

It's been a while. Sorry. Just getting some things done. Life, and all. You know how it goes.

I've been in a funk lately. For no good reason though. I'm happy with my life. I love my family. I'm alive. I have a roof over my head. I have food in the pantry. These basins of life should be all I need. Yet, I'm just in a funk. I'm imagining that it probably has a lot to do with the whole job thing. Yes, I still an officially unemployed. Mind you, I'm still teaching at LTU, and really enjoying that. But, I'm not integrated into campus life. I don't have an office on campus, I'm only an adjunct faculty member.

I visited a 1st year architecture studio class last week. One of the profs I'm working with asked me to help him jury his student's projects. I jumped at the chance. (A jury is a peer-based review of your posted/submitted work. All projects are hung up, and discussed. Sometimes called a "Crit" or a critique.) So, I show up in his class, talk with some of the students, and I feel...alive.

Alive.

The creativity flowing out of that classroom was amazing. I wanted to badly to be a part of that. The studio. The creativity. Holy Crow - I am in heaven. I spent about 2 hours there, listening, giving feedback, and really enjoying myself.

We'll see.

Other than that - things are going OK. I'm starting to get my rear end to the gym on a somewhat regular basis, thanks to my workout buddy! I will DO this triathlon. Period. I may suck at it - but I will DO it!! I've planted some seeds. Planning out the garden. Getting ready for Little League and (maybe) Football. (Little Joe wants to play football, and I found a youth league here in Redford!!!)

I'm enjoying some of the smaller things in life...and I love it.

No comments: