2.04.2011

Lonely

How can one be lonely, yet happy? 

 

It’s not that I AM lonely…but right now, I am alone.  But, I don’t think that it is necessarily a bad thing.  Big Joe went on a mini-vacation to the Caribbean, he left this morning at 4AM.  And, not that I’m EXACTLY alone…Little Joe is sleeping in his bunk bed, rather…he is snoring and seeming very restless.  So, technically, I’m not ALONE…and the dog is here with me too.  Not that I could forget her!

 

These weekends when Joe leaves, I miss him like crazy – but it is a little opportunity for me to spend some quality time with my son.  We play.  We read.  I TRY (yes, TRY) to get him to eat something new and different.  I’m thinking of maybe taking him out skiing or snowboarding.  Hmmm…  We also have Valentines to get ready, homework, reading, and he needs to help me go through his toys.  We need to downsize his stuff….majorly.

 

But these weekends are also a little recharge time for me.  I take care of the things I’ve been procrastinating about.  I do some heavy cleaning. (The breezeway is on the list for this weekend, moving everything out so I can wash the carpet!!) Yes, I know…you are thinking I’m CRAZY for getting excited about steam cleaning the carpet in the Dax’s room…but it is good.  It FEELS good.  I get to reconnect with myself, eat what I want, have the whole bed to myself and watch chick flicks all weekend.  Well...I may be a LITTLE more productive than that:

 

So – the agenda is to:

1.       Work my LAST DAY EVER in a job that I truly loved and will immensely miss. (Yes – there will be tears, and a post about it…)

2.       Celebrate my NEW job with my awesome girlfriends whom I am lucky to have in my life!

3.       Clean the house, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.

4.       Get a massage at the spa (YEAH!!)

5.       Maybe visit some friends that we haven’t seen in a while

6.       Maybe go snowboarding?

7.       Go to a Super Bowl Party with family and drink wine.

8.       Start a new batch of wine (just remembered that one…)

9.       Start my new job on Monday.  Start a new chapter of my life.  Start a new journey.  And hopefully find a good parking spot too…

10.   Love my life.

 

Hope you enjoy YOUR weekend and watch a chick flick too!!!  J

 

 

No comments: