3.06.2011

Wine, Sunrises and the Rouge River

I started a new batch of wine last week. A French Sauvignon Blanc. It is very sweet-smelling right now. And it is bubbling away in the basement. Joseph helped me start the batch...I had him smell the yeast to see if it was activated.
He also stirred the batch for me. (Yes - I put him to work!!!) I haven't racked it off into the carboy yet - the SG is still too high, so I'm waiting, and checking.



This was the sunrise view from our front window a few days ago. Gorgeous, huh? Joseph woke up early and came out into the living room and pointed out how beautiful it was. I hadn't really noticed - but...Wow.

As you know, I have spent the past 15 years of my career working in and around the Rouge River. I have a soft spot in my heart for this abused urban river. Mr. Ford ruined it, and we are doing our best to restore it. However - my son has now also caught the bug...and he knows more about the Rouge River than any normal 7-year old should know. He built a model for me....a bridge, over the Rouge River...out of Legos. How cool is this?!?!?!


In other news - I just finished my first month at my new job. (Wow - time flies when life is awesome!!) I'm overloaded, busy, overwhelmed, and LOVING IT!!! I have some amazing opportunities to work on some great projects, with great people and can really make a difference. The workplace has respect, integrity, passion, creativity, collaboration...in a word: perfection. Good times.

No comments: